Monday, March 28, 2011

Richfaces showcase on Cloudbees

To continue with my experiments with different PAAS providers, I took Run@Cloud provided by Cloudbees for a ride this time. Overall its web interface is very straightforward and intuitive and similar to what I mentioned about AWS Elastic Beanstalk . I was able to deploy Richfaces 4 Showcase application in couple of minutes and you can see in action at http://showcase.eejot.cloudbees.net.  Once your app is running, besides application logs, you can monitor different operational parameters such as system load, number of request, session etc as evident in following screen shot:


Keep in mind that I did not try its SDK  which allows you to deploy your webapp from command line on your local box.

I found it a bit odd that when you add a new application, the wizard asks you for app name only and not the actual deployable. The advantage of this approach is that you get a running URL immediately to which you can upload your .war. I would have merged these two steps into one.

I also would have liked to have a shell access to actual server as well as ability to specify different JVM parameters. May be it's a work in progress? ;-)


No comments: