Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What? You can tictactoe in GateIn Portal?

If you thought Portal was only about serious stuffs such as content aggregation, integration of different applications, out of box personalization and natural front end to SOA etc then think again. Using GateIn's gadgets, you already could import different cool gadgets say from Google to your dashboard and page. Now you can tic-tac-toe as well. Here is a screen shot from GateIn Portal for you i-dont-believe-until-i-see kinds.



And if you are i-want-to-checkout-code-and-try kind, you can do so from http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/qa/prabhat/tictactoe-portlet/ . It's tested with Richfaces 3.3.-SNAPSHOT, JBoss PortletBridge 2.0.0.CR1 and the latest and greatest GateIn Portal. By the way, this portlet works flawlessly on JBoss Portal 2.7 and Enterprise Portal Platform 4.3 as well.

If you have been following my blog, then last week I blogged about few Richfaces examples that my team members wrote. . It took a while to port tic-tac-toe to GateIn running with JBoss AS 5 because I ran into this nasty bug https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RF-8436 which has been fixed in Richface 3.3.3-SNAPSHOT and should be available in upcoming 3.3.3.GA release. Please watch this space for more cool portlets that are on the way.

--------------
Visit www.eejot.org and help me raise some funds.

4 comments:

Katie Poplin said...

Hey Prabhat - this is a cool post! I found it via one of my exo co-workers twitter feeds. I hope you don't mind but I just posted a link to it from the exo blog (http://blog.exoplatform.org/).

Prabhat Jha said...

Thanks. The more the links, the better it is. :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Prabhat, I am trying to deploy my portal on JBOSS EPP 5.0 using Gate in protal server. I have copied my application ear into the server deploy folder. All my portal configurations are in place but when i try to access my portal using http://localhost:8080/portal/portal/default blank page comes up and I dont see any request coming to the server. I am able to view the individual xhtml pages of my application using the context root of my application but i am not able to see portal as a whole. Could you please provide your inputs on the same. Thanks

..Sharanya

Prabhat Jha said...

Hi Sharanya,

You should ask your question in GateIn forum. And if you are using EPP 5 and you have support contract, you can use Red Hat support channel to get a faster response.

Thanks,
Prabhat